HackRepair.com Security Tips and Hack Notes

Below are some of my favorite tips for security conscious folk, as well as a few notes specific to our favorite content management systems (CMS's), like Wordpress, Joomla, etc.



+ HackRepair.com's must install WordPress plugins

Install these in order:
  • Better WP Security
  • Captcha
  • And do not leave user "admin" as your admin username - Doh!


 Honorable mention:

  • Wordfence
  • BackWPup


+
Has your email account or address been compromised?

We have an App for that...


+
Check your WordPress plugins for vulnerabilities


+ Wi-Fi security do's and don'ts



+ How to choose a secure web hosting company checklist


Looking for a secure web hosting company?
Like to have a better idea on how secure your web hosting company really is, then send this email questionnaire off to your web hosting company to find out:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Mr. Web Host,

Can you reply back with answers to my security questions below please?

Does [my | the] service plan [enter your service plan] include the following options:
- Secure POP/IMAP available?
- SSH available?
- SFTP available?
- Is an SSL certificate available, and what is the cost?
- Will you scan my site daily for malware and notify me same day if malware exists on my site?
- If there is malware on my website can you assist me in clearing the malware, and what is the cost?
- Will you help me ensure my web hosting account is PCI compliant?
- Are my daily and weekly backups easy to access, and do you charge for backup recovery?

Slight off subject:
- If I have any questions about Wordpress, or if I encounter any problems with my website scripts will you assist me?
- If I have an emergency or support question is there someone there I can speak to by phone or real-time chat?

Many thanks,
[your name]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




My website has been hacked. Now what do I do?


We’re here to help you get your business back online ASAP!

With over 15 years of experience in managing secure servers, we will ensure your web site is unblocked at Google or your money back!

 Best Wishes,

Service First
Jim Walker
619-479-6637
Helping People-- It's What I do.